Saturday, November 1, 2008

T.G.P clothing line preview

TRUTH GIVES POWER (TGP) clothing line; It is an hip hop cultural movement which represents street life culturally, musically and socially That means. TGPis more than a Rap Music group we are taking it to another level by extending the movement, more than that we spreading messages to the people through our music where we trying to express everything that is going on in the in the street life, in the ghetto ,we are the ghetto spokesmen!.

Apart from music we have our own Clothing Company where we make T-shirt and jeans, we are also deal with social activities concerning Youth Development , we therefore have ties with various Youth revolutionary movements, an example is the AFRICAN KNOWLEDGE FOR IMPROVEMENT LOCALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY (A.K.I.L.I) project, this is one of the movement which is working along with TGP. Musically speaking up to now TGP has made two Incredible Albums : The first album was released in 2006 is called Map of the hood (Ramani Ya Mtaa) and the present one is called Play it Back its coin tans 18 Tracks Actually these are hottest African Hip hop Albums in this era they contains everything concern with life in general. They are both available in the site marketed on myspace.com also on ebay.com, so you can support the movement by buying our Albums for $15 dollars per CD. Also we are now preparations to release our DVD which will contain our music video, Documentary which reflects our life and Interviews we have ever done. We own two businesses. One is a clothing line and the other is a Record label .Street dream record- Recording studio, where we produce and/or executive produce a variety of up and coming Hip Hop and R&B acts from East Africa, ARUSHA, DSM , Tanga and Moshi. In the music biz unless you..re "known". we have been fortunate enough to meet a lot of talented individuals over the years and make many lifelong friends, which we don't hesitate to call family. The propose of which is to establish a name for one's self and gain popularity as of February 08 has now set up TGP a company that is dedicated to designing album covers,mixtape covers, company logos an even website layouts. We wants to be well known for a range of different things. Clothing,graphic designing and music our vision is to one day design\par can also be found at the fourth feathers youth club sharing our main talents with the youth in our community and we had big future plans for the youth club.

Street dreams is a independent label set to do big things with a up and coming new tgp album coming soon with hits from a whole host of Arusha artist which includes some of the best underground hip hop, rnb and grime artist from all over ..................Tanzania tgp is also keen to get some of his Canadian an Tanzania celebrities to join up to throw down some serious collaborations so look out.




Truth Gives Power
The name came from the realities seen everyday through the eyes of a person of color. Throughout our daily lives we carve out an identity for ourselves and our communities through our actions. Struggle is nothing new to us and neither is hustling and we’ve been doing both since day one and will always find a way to overcome the odds. This brand instills power in the form of truth. This isnt a line of pro African clothing nor is it a hiphop clothing line it simply is what it is and that’s “Real”.










TGP DIVAS WEAR

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


























THE HOTTEST CHICK IN THE GAME







TGP CLOTHING LINE BOYS IN THE HOOD
























































ARUSHA CITY , ARUSHA - BIG CITY OF DREAMS...
In hip-hop, no matter who you are or what you do, you gotta show love to your home. Some say it ain't where you're from but where you're at. We say, one way or the other, stay true to your hood.

It's the birthplace of hip-hop and the home of rap legends the and countless other Big Apple emcees.
This t-shirt is available in black or white and also mix colours









In hip-hop, no matter who you are or what you do, you gotta show love to your home. Some say it ain't where you're from but where you're at. We say, one way or the other, stay true to your hood.
It's the birthplace of hip-hop emcee and the home of rap legends JO MAKINI, NAKO2NAKO,TGP,WATENGWA
and countless other Big Apple emcees.this is your joint. 'I RUN A-TOWN' t-shirt

RESPECT- Many want it Few Have it.





MY INTERVIEW WITH HIP-HOP FASHION MAG






Format: Please explain your rise in the fashion industry.
Seifjamal: Basically, I started
writing on clothes, from designer markets to acrylics and eventually
grown to a City where I printed my own T-shirts. After I started
printing my own T-shirts, I got such a great impact from the people.
People said things like, 'That's a nice shirt, I want more.' I kept
developing a different style, started grooming it better, paid
attention to fashion more, kept my eye on things, started selling
shirts on the street, developed store counts – little by little I kept
it up. I tried different names, because Tgp clothing was not my only
name, I had other lines that were failures. I watched the industry
until I knew what it took and I felt that the industry was missing
another logo line. I used to watch Gucci, Louis Vuitton they were long
lasting lines, they had a great impression on the people, besides the
name their logo stood out. I tried to follow their footsteps and bring
back a logo, a powerful logo that would catch people's eyes and have
them say, 'What is that?' If you don't have enough money for marketing
and have it screamed out on the radio or talked about on a TV show,
you have to find a way to have people stop on the streets that say,
'What is that?' That is your marketing. I developed a logo. I did and
it's a lowercase tgp that looks like hand with roots . We have one of the only
clothing lines that is known to be Truth gives power or called Tgp, because I
didn't want to name it apparel or clothing, I wanted to do something
different and I did. We are Tgp , an international
clothing line with a powerful, strong logo.
"Rappers like to be flashy, they like custom stuff and I do a lot of
custom pieces. About 90 per cent of my time – up until today – was
done by my own hands

"Formart: Do you subscribe to the label street-wear fashion?
Seif jamal: There is nothing wrong with street-wear, urban I find it funny
to identify myself as urban, but street-wear, I originated my style
from a street-wear formula. Where I am going and what I'm grooming
myself to be is a well respected clothing line that is absolutely for
everyone with different shapes, cuts and styles. I want to be known as
one of the first lines that has a little bit of something for
everyone.

Format: Rappers are embracing your brand, what steps have you taken to
gain their support?
seifjamal: It is a mixture of things. I grew up on the streets of Arusha City and I know a lot of people. The Arusha City rappers either
have relationships with friends of mine or me, personally, from being
in the industry. As I was grooming myself into this line, I used to do
logos for people in the industry, rappers and so forth. I did some of
my marketing on Music, Magazine and blogs. These are video’s that
reached the masses by dressing underground artists that were rapping
on the video’s or speaking on them. I reached out to the Rappers
and started developing relationships with people on the Video’s to wear
our clothing. Other people were seen on the videos, too, that just
purchased our lines. Rappers like to be flashy, they like custom stuff
and I do a lot of custom pieces. About 90 per cent of my time – up
until today – was done by my own hands. That was the greatest thing
about my line, me personally touching them and each piece was custom.
These rappers thought I was catering to them and I was. I tried to
define their style, color combination and [rappers] appreciated it,
because whatever sneakers [rappers] came out with I could match the
color combination to.

Format: What designers or clothing lines influenced you?
seifjamal: Everything, I look at the LRG, Sean Jean,
everybody. Ralph Lauren, he's a great inspiration. I think people that
have long lasting lines, Gucci, Louis Vuitton. I am inspired by people
that have been in the industry for a long time and have stuck around
through everything. People like LRG, Ralph Lauren their
logos will last forever and never go away. Their color combinations,
the polo look, quality, ad campaigns – they will last a life time.





SEIF JAMAL CORRECTION PICT

Ram, Seif and Sebastian






TGP FAMILY
Frost,Pain,mackenzi,seifjamaland eddy










SEIF JAMAL ON DA LEFTSIDE WITH HIS HOMIE WITH NEW AIR BRUSH HOODY






History of Hip Hop Clothing

It is impossible to talk about hip hop clothing without tracing it back to its roots; namely hip hop music. Born in 1975 in New York’s Bronx, hip hop music began when Jamaican immigrants began living on the Bronx’s Westside. Many became disc-jockeys (DJ’s) who literally, with two turntables and a microphone, gave birth to the phenomena we now call hip hop.

The most famous of these DJ’s, Clive “Hercules” Campbell, or “Kool Herc”, began making music out of break beats, while another young black man from the Bronx, Theodore “Grand Wizard” Livingstone, was accidentally discovering the “scratching” sound on a turntable. Break beets is the instrumental breaks of a song that focus on the rhythm section, which is the favorite parts of the song for most dancers. Together, these two legendary figures laid the technical foundations of rap, which evolved into what we consider hip hop today.

As the first rap groups were founded, so too was hip hop fashion. Hip hop clothing fashion is comprised of many elements, from sneakers to jewelry and hair. In the eighties, it was the white sneakers, the big gold earrings and the fade out hair style for men. Most of these trends are still with us today. In the nineties, the trend leaned towards bright, almost neon-colored pieces (as showcased by the group TLC), paired with baggy clothes. Inspired by the prison culture and perhaps one the most famous, or infamous, fashion trends is the baggy pants worn sans belt. In prison, new inmates have their belts taken away from them, and since prison clothing rarely fits properly, young men were reduced to hiking their pants up with their hands in the prison yard.

Each segment of the country puts its own unique stamp on the hip hop culture. New Yorkers prefers hooded sweat shirts and Timberland boots, while the West Coasters likes big flannel shirts and Converse sneakers. The South brought in gold teeth fashion

PROPERTY OF HIP-HOP
Men's T-Shirt










AM HIP-HOP



With hip-hop so widespread these days and influencing so many types of music, Hip-hop has been a part of all of our lives for some period of time, in some shape, form and capacity. This shirt is not for those people.

This shirt is for the people that live, breathe and sleep Hip-Hop. 24/7/365, Hip-Hop is in their veins. At some point in your life, hip-hop probably even got them through some shit. They are hip-hop.

"PROPERTY OF HIP-HOP"


I'M STAYIN FRESH 2 DEATH WITH MY NEW ARTFUL DODGER BASIC FASHION JEAN






SHOES BY VANS








Iced out
The Mr Fresh 2 Death Sj tgpclothingline














free web hostingHosting24.com web hosting


No comments: